Industrial Training Program In Investment Banking & Equity Research in Ahmedabad
Academy of Financial Training (AFT) is a professional institution engaged in providing niche financial training to individuals, institutions and corporate. Our training programs have been designed after in-depth research by professionals (CAs & CFAs) having years of experience at world class financial companies such as Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, IDFC, Axis Bank and UTI Securities, offering a range of financial products to clients from various industries.
• Training content designed by experts in Investment Banking with 25+ years of collective experience
• Modules based on actual training programs of world class Investment Banks
• Live-case studies, real-life examples for better understanding of complicated modeling and valuation structures
• Focus on understanding age-old fundamentals by practical applications
• Mentoring and placement assistance (including pre-interview preparation, mock-interviews)
Module 1: MS Excel and Advanced Skills
Module 2: Financial Statement Analysis
• Ratio Analysis: Liquidity, Solvency, Credit, Profitability, Valuation ratios
• Company Analyses: Revenue/Cost analysis, understanding company business model, operational benchmarking, capital structure study, dividend policies, corporate structures
Module 3: Financial Modeling
Module 4: Valuation I (Intrinsic valuations)
• Intrinsic valuation methods– DCF
• DCF Concepts: PV, UFCF, LFCF, WACC (CAPM, beta), Terminal Value (Growth, Exit multiple method)
• Understanding Dividend Discounting Method (DDM)
Module 5: Valuation II (Extrinsic valuations)
• Comparable Companies Method
• Precedent Transactions Method
Module 6: Valuation III (Advanced concepts)
• Sum-of-the-Parts (SOTP) Valuation
• Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Valuation
• Football field concept
Module 8: Equity Research Concepts
• Writing research reports, formulating recommendations, focus on macro economics
Module 9: M&A and IPO Process
Mithil Pawar : He worked in Investment Banking division of Morgan Stanley, in Private Equity advisory (structured M&A, Debt Financing, LBOs and Derivative Funding) in India and Hong Kong.
Ashutosh Zawar: He has 5 years of work experience in Investment Banking at Morgan Stanley and Corporate Advisory and Project Finance at IDFC.
Placement Companies: Morgan Stanley, IL&FS Financial Services (IFIN), GE India, Deutsche Bank (DBOI), Barings Private Equity Asia, ICICI Ventures, Standard Chartered, IDFC, Prabhudas Lilladher, L&T Engineering, Thomas Cook, KPMG, Fortress, Consort Capital, Capital IQFortress Financial Services.
Academic Associations: IIM-K, XLRI, MITCON, IFIM (Bangalore) and Cummins group of colleges, INDIRA GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS, NM College, BITS Pilani, Etc.